Anna Othitis – “My First Travel Book”
- Please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about the person behind the pen.
Living most of my life in Zimbabwe, now settled in Wanaque New Jersey, we immigrated to the U.S. from Zimbabwe about 12 years ago. Born in Greece, we moved to Zimbabwe with my family as an infant, where a few years ago left for the U.S.A. due to political turmoil, and fortunate to give out three sons more educational opportunities in lands of opportunities.
2. What made you decide to write (the genre of your book), were there any influencing factors, or were any of the stories based on true events.
I was inspired by my vast experiences in Africa and by the many beautiful places that I and my family have visited over our life time in Zimbabwe.
An amazing creation, which stands in the Military Museum in Gweru, Zimbabwe, was one of my inspirations to write my cute children’s book this sculptured by a fellow rural man from sticks and small tree trunks, an image of a aero plane which he saw flying in the skies, not often seen in Zimbabwe’s remote areas, like a huge bird in the skies.
3. How do you promote your book, and do you find that difficult or just par for the course.
Through friends, family, and various author web sites on Face Book, Good reads.
4. Do you remember your first review and how it made you feel? (If it was a bad one, also tell about your good one too).
It was a fun and exciting experience, especially my interview with the “Suburban Trend” newspaper
5. Tell us about your book and if it’s a series and how the public is reacting to this book.
Our children’s book recently launched, “flies” children around the world and at the same time teaching them about some of its most famous destinations in the world. Educational, fun and an inspiring book “My First Travel Book” for children between the ages of 3 and 10 also featuring my home country and land with Victoria Falls of my native Rhodesian/Zimbabwean heritage. Our book is written in a fun rhyming format featuring beautiful and very real illustrations of our destinations with educational experience for the young readers, with lessons in history and geography on these famous destinations
6. Can you share any and all links that are important to you as a person and the book? (You can relate more to a book if you know more about the author). http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-62510-945-3
7. I’ll wrap it up with this question since “7” is a lucky numberJ. Can you share an excerpt from your book, and I’d like to thank you so much for taking time to share your book with me. Please share as much as you’d like.
Anna has posted a picture of her excerpt that she’d like to share…BELOW!
Thank you so much Anna. I know firsthand what an awesome writer you are since my grandson LOVED your book. I only wish you the best and thanks for sharing with us!