Featured Author: Brian Bigelow
- Please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about
the person behind the pen.
I’m an author living in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my wife Brandy and our fuzzy children Beeper and Bear. Beeper, our Chihuahua, does a good job of protecting us from shadows and such, Bear, our cat, tells me when to go to bed.
2. What made you decide to write (the genre of your book), were there any influencing factors, or were any of the stories based on true events.
I bought a house a couple of years ago that we’re living in now. What’s the worst thing that could of happened?
3. How do you promote your book, and do you find that difficult or just par for the course.
I personally like networking. You know, meeting with the readers.
Presently, I have a couple of publishers that are waiting on books and stories
so I’ve been mostly working on writing. Too much of the time I think promoting
relies on advertising which doesn’t make a direct connection.
4. Do you remember your first review and how it made you feel? (If it was a bad one, also tell about your good one too).
I can’t remember the first review for one of my books. Not that I’m not entirely interested, but I don’t usually look at them except for very rarely.
5. Tell us about your book and if it’s a series and how the public is reacting to this book.
I’ve never released a series though I began working on one sequel to a fantasy novella. My more recent releases in general have been very well received. I’m amazed at some of the wonderful things that have been said about things I’ve written. It’s really overwhelming and I’m really touched.
6. Can you share any and all links that are important to you as a person and the book? (You can relate more to a book if you know more about the author).
7. I’ll wrap it up with this question since “7” is a lucky number 🙂 . Can you
share an excerpt from your book, and I’d like to thank you so much for taking
time to share your book with me. Please share as much as you’d like.
As she reached the porch deck she felt a chill surge through her. It caused her to look around to see what was causing it. The goose bumps raised on her arms were unmistakable but it was too hot out to feel chilly. A dark shadow on the wall passed by quickly which she wasn’t quite sure she was seeing. What in the hell was that? Her inquisitive eyes did a double take. Shaking her head she told herself it was only her imagination playing tricks on her. She was positive that nothing actually happened so she was able to safely disregard it. Sharon took a deep breath as she stepped over to the door to look in the window with her husband.
***I know Brian, he has been a good friend and colleague for quite sometime. I had a chance to read his book and found it GREAT. It was suspenseful, edge of your seat excitement. I encourage all of you who like this type of genre…and those that don’t to definitely give it a read. 🙂
3 thoughts on “Featured Author: Brian Bigelow”
This sounds like an interesting person, writer and story you featured here Lori! Well done!
Thank you Cynthia, I’ve had such a WONDERFUL turnout of authors who want to be featured. If anyone knows LISA CAPEHART, she wanted to be and hasn’t sent her questions in. Delinda McCaan will be featured tomorrow 🙂
Lori, Thanks for this opportunity to get to know Brian Bigelow and his wonderful writings. I thoroughly enjoyed this interview.
Comments are closed.